Shocks Struts & Suspension
Have you noticed that your vehicle has recently become more difficult to handle? If you’re missing the days when your commute was smooth and comfortable, it may be time to replace components of your suspension system. Here at Clever Towing, we employ highly-experienced ASE Certified technicians who can inspect your struts, shocks and suspension to see if they are in proper working order.
The Motorist Assurance Program experts have determined that the useful life of a strut or shock is over at approximately 50,000 miles. Here at Clever Towing, we recommend that you have your shocks, struts and suspension visually inspected each time you have your vehicle serviced. We can take a look at these vital elements of your vehicle and let you know if there are any problems that may be affecting the comfort or safety of your ride.
SIGNS TO INSPECT SHOCKS OR STRUTS
Thankfully, it is pretty easy to tell if your shocks or struts need to be replaced. Here are some of the most common signs to watch for:
- Noticeable swaying or bouncing while driving (rough ride)
- Leaning or “pulling” while changing lanes or turning
- Unusual sound originating from the suspension system
- Dipping forward of the front end when braking
- Original parts that have not been replaced for 50,000 miles
- Visually inspecting for oil leaks which indicate they have lost their charge.
If your vehicle is showing these warning signs, it’s best to have your vehicle inspected right away. There’s no reason to wait to replace the components of your suspension system. Because of new and improved technologies, in many cases, the aftermarket strut or shock is better engineered than the original factory installed parts.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR SUSPENSION SYSTEM
Your vehicle’s suspension system is made up of many different parts designed to connect the frame to the wheels. When working properly, the suspension system allows for the ideal amount of motion and stability between the wheels and the vehicle body. A healthy suspension system performs several additional important functions, including:
- Keeping tires firmly on the road’s surface to extend tire life
- Stabilizing steering for easy of handling and safety
- Minimizing road noises and vibrations for increased comfort
- Facilitating effective braking for maximum safety
- Oil Changes
- Battery Changes
- New Tire Installation
- Brake Maintenance Replacement
- Shocks, Struts & Suspension
- Belts & Hoses
- Heating & Cooling Systems
They've always been there for us when we need them. Always so friendly too!
I've been using Clever towing and auto repair for many years , good people great service.